About the Instructor
Michele obtained her clinical herbalism certificate from Kathleen Maier’s 3-year program in Charlottesville, VA. Instructors who have taught her, and who she believes have shaped who she is as an herbalist, include Kathleen Maier, Sam and Suchil Coffman, Matthew Wood, Margi Flint, Steven Horne, Rosemary Gladstar, Mimi Hernandez, Lorna Mauney-Brodek, K.P. Kalsa, Heather Wetzel, Phyllis Light, and Paul Bergner. Her practice is also influenced by Stephan Buhner, Michael Moore, David Hoffman, and the beautiful Juliette de Bairacli Levy. In addition to her herbalism education, Michele also has two Bachelor degrees in Health and Wellness, and in Complementary and Alternative Health.
She currently lives in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma with her three children and her husband and is reestablishing her herbal business, Wild Prairie Apothecary.
If you are interested in herbal medicine but aren’t sure where to begin, this course is for you. Introduction to Herbal Medicine for Beginners is a six-week, online learning experience designed to help you understand the most crucial and practical aspects of herbalism.
Over six weeks, follow Sam Coffman through video classes and then discuss questions live (online) with Michele Marlow to jump start your knowledge in herbal medicine across the introductory topics of: Practical herbalism at home and in the clinic, Herbal first aid, Wildcrafting, Botany, Medicine making, Medicinal plant gardening, Materia Medica (25 herbs in detail) and understanding other related (but non-herbal) topics.
- Video 1.1: Lets Get Started!
- Video 1.2: Introduction to Herbalism Basics
- Resource 1.2: Introduction to Herbalism Basics
- Video 1.3: Herbal Preparations Week 1
- Resource 1.3: Herbal Preparations
- Video 1.4: Materia Medica Week 1
- Resource 1.4: Materia Medica Week 1
- Video 1.5: Vocabulary Week 1
- Resource 1.5 - Vocabulary Week 1
- Resource 1.6: Plant Walk Video Study Guide - Week 1
- Week 1 Live Q&A Recording
- Week 1 Q&A Slides
- Week 1 Q&A Chat Log
- MM Breakdown from Week 1 Live Q&A