Family Herbalist Instructor
About the Instructor
Katia LeMone is a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) serving as a homebirth midwife for the Las Cruces New Mexico and El Paso Texas area since 1991. She is the senior midwife for All Natural Birth, a homebirth service for Dona Ana county.
Katia is certified through the North American Registry of Midwives and she is a licensed midwife in New Mexico.
Katia has been serving women and homebirth families for many years as a midwife in Las Cruces and El Paso. She was trained at Maternidad La Luz in El Paso in 1991 and has attended over 500 births including home births and birth center births.
Katia has lived and worked with Native American communities, East African villages and she grew up on the US/Mexico border. She has a Masters Degree in Public Health and is a Certified Professional Midwife and Licensed Midwife in New Mexico.
Join Katia LeMone, Certified Professional Midwife and Herbalist as she explores the world of herbs and women during this miraculous time in a woman’s life.
Topics covered in this class:
- Preconception and Herbs – Fertility
- Prenatal Issues and Herbal Remedies by trimester
- Birth and Herbs
- Herbs during the Postpartum
- Herbs during Lactation
- Safety of Herbs during Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum including Lactation (covered with each topic and herb discussed)
Topics in this course will be limited to those situations and conditions that can be helped by herbal or lifestyle recommendation. The condition will be explained and herbs and formulas where appropriate will be discussed. A materia medica lecture will be included each week.
This course is a requirement as part of the Emergency Doula Certification as well as the Family Herbalist program.
- Welcome to Childbearing Herbs
- Syllabus- Week 1
- Video - Week 1.1- Welcome to the Course
- Resource - Week 1.1- Welcome to the Course
- Resource - Week 1 Vocabulary
- Video - Week 1.2- Safety of Drugs and Herbs
- Resource - Week 1.2- Safety of Drugs and Herbs
- Resource - Safety of Herbs
- Resource - Contraindicated Herbs Chart
- Video - Week 1.3- Formulations and Some Materia Medica
- Resource - Week 1.3- Formulations and Some Materia Medica
- Video - Week 1.4- Introduction to Prenatal Care
- Slides - Week 1.4- Introduction to Prenatal Care
- Resource - Week 1 - 10 Reasons Herbs Are Used in Pregnancy
- Video - Week 1.5- More Materia Medica For Week 1
- Resource - Week 1.5- More Materia Medica For Week 1
- Video- 1.6 Materia Medica- Even More Materia Medica for Week 1
- Medicine- By Rising Appalachia (Lyrics)
- Link to Medicine by Rising Appalachia
- Assignment- Week 1
- Week 2 Syllabus
- Video - Week 2.1- Prenatal Issues
- Resource - Week 2.1- Prenatal Issues
- Video - Week 2.2- UTI, Sleep, Anemia
- Resource - Week 2.2- UTI, Sleep, Anemia
- Video - Week 2.3- More Prenatal
- Resource - Week 2.3- More Prenatal
- Resource - Week 2 - Informed Consent for Herbs During Pregnancy
- Resource - Week 2 - Vermont Center Informed Consent
- Resource - Week 2 - Discomforts of Pregnancy
- Katia's Podcast Link
- Assignment- Week 2